1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Upcoming Birthdays...
There are no member birthdays in the next 14 days

time to complain to the community

Public forum for visitors and members alike to generally chat about most anything.
Topic Rating:
  • 135 votes

time to complain to the community

Unread postby SolarStar » 27 May 2015, 15:42

It's time to complain again  :cry:

In EL chat it has become a widespread habit to use the initials in big letters of that player.
Then we have Dar_elik, SolarStar, Shiidiman, and then you make DE, SS and SM out of it.

OMG ppl first, not everyone is familiar with it. Don't go on public channels with it and the abbreviations are sometimes not very nice. I suggest , choose a nice name when creating a character, one that you can spell and pronounce. Best with no _ signs. I'm not complaining about nicknames, because I do that myself. Shiggi alright  :thumbsup:

There is another trick, type the first 3 lettery of a playername and do autocomplete. To do autocomplete hold down CTRL and pless space until the correct name appears.

:omg:
SolarStar
Ally/Friend
Brownie
Progress to next post rank:
45%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Alchemist Vanquisher Professor of Potioning Big Belly Herbalist Rank 3 Mushroom Eater Rank 3 Miner Rank 3 Lucky Finder 3 Lucky Crafter 3 Mother Nature Hates Me 3 Exterminator 3 Armor Piercer Very Knowledgeable Mason 3 Instancer 2 

Local time: 01 Dec 2020, 14:20
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Re: time to complain to the community

Unread postby TankBoss » 27 May 2015, 17:39

Oh! so that's how you auto fill someone's name, I always click something by accident and wonder why a random persons name has come up xD
Image Image
TankBoss
Member of LoRC
Beaver
10%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Tutorial Completed Herbalist Rank 2 Miner Rank 2 Exterminator 2 Medium Level Monster Killer 1 

Local time: 01 Dec 2020, 13:20

Unread postby Adamantinus » 27 May 2015, 19:21

SolarStar wrote:It's time to complain again  :cry:

In EL chat it has become a widespread habit to use the initials in big letters of that player.
Then we have Dar_elik, SolarStar, Shiidiman, and then you make DE, SS and SM out of it.

OMG ppl first, not everyone is familiar with it. Don't go on public channels with it and the abbreviations are sometimes not very nice.

Well so far i have never seen DE for dar, nor SM for shiidi, SS I use once :)
I regularely use DD for Deep(Dragon/Dive) also DS for sunter, and also I use to abbreviate other names like:
gwin, ared, lore, solar, eats, adam and probably many more (dont feel left out if i didnt mention you here ;) ).

I don't see any abbreviations here so far which are not nice, like would be IDIOT, DUMB, etc ;)

I know what you are refering to with the abbreviation i once used for your name, yet its alwasy up to the intention of why i use it, which is purely for shortening names and be able to type faster - besides (personal opinion) I think we should be past that by now and not always boil that matter of 1945 up again (just had that topic today wiht a co-worker today - we are 2nd-3rd generation past that now)

I also don't see why we shouldn't use abbreviations on public channels.

If it really bugs you if your name is called with an abbreviation .. then tell me and i try to avoid that for your chars, but going that fat to tell what character names should be made like I think is a bit too much ;)

But thanks for the tip with the autocomplete I am sure some who are reading this channel find it useful anyways :)

Kind regards
Adam
Projects:Hydro-Nexus 13/13 | Mule 12/12 | Manu Level 73/100 | Range Level 24 / 40
[LittleLooter: let me guess, you're radu? :o]
Adamantinus
Officer of LoRC
Brown Snake
70%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Tutorial Completed Alchemist Big Belly Herbalist Rank 3 Mushroom Eater Rank 2 Miner Rank 3 Lucky Finder 3 Lucky Crafter 3 Mother Nature Hates Me 2 Exterminator 3 Very Knowledgeable Mason 2 Instancer 2 Weak Monster Killer 1 Medium Level Monster Killer 2 High Level Monster Killer 1 

Highscores: 14

Unread postby HiT » 27 May 2015, 19:43

Adamantinus wrote:I regularely use DD for Deep(Dragon/Dive) also DS for sunter, and also I use to abbreviate other names like:
gwin, ared, lore, solar, eats, adam and probably many more (dont feel left out if i didnt mention you here ;) ).

I feel left out ;)
HiT
High Council Member of LoRC
Small Spider
42%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Vanquisher Big Belly Herbalist Rank 1 Mushroom Eater Rank 1 Miner Rank 2 Exterminator 2 Armor Piercer Knowledgeable Mason 3 Instancer 2 Medium Level Monster Killer 1 High Level Monster Killer 2 

Tradebots:
HydroTraderWeaselTurd

Local time: 01 Dec 2020, 13:20

Unread postby Adamantinus » 27 May 2015, 20:24

LittleLooter wrote:
Adamantinus wrote:I regularely use DD for Deep(Dragon/Dive) also DS for sunter, and also I use to abbreviate other names like:

I feel left out ;)

Left out Little Looter = LoLL
Projects:Hydro-Nexus 13/13 | Mule 12/12 | Manu Level 73/100 | Range Level 24 / 40
[LittleLooter: let me guess, you're radu? :o]
Adamantinus
Officer of LoRC
Brown Snake
70%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Tutorial Completed Alchemist Big Belly Herbalist Rank 3 Mushroom Eater Rank 2 Miner Rank 3 Lucky Finder 3 Lucky Crafter 3 Mother Nature Hates Me 2 Exterminator 3 Very Knowledgeable Mason 2 Instancer 2 Weak Monster Killer 1 Medium Level Monster Killer 2 High Level Monster Killer 1 

Highscores: 14

Unread postby Dar_Elik » 27 May 2015, 20:34

Just FYI, I don't care for "DE" when referring to me. I usually won't even notice someone is talking to me if they use that. ;)
(And, while we're on the subject, I really can't stand when someone calls me "Elik" or "Dare", lol)

I just prefer plain ol' "Dar". :)
Dar_Elik
High Council Member of LoRC
Brown Snake
65%

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

EL Achievements:
Tutorial Completed Alchemist Church Donator Big Belly Herbalist Rank 3 Mushroom Eater Rank 3 Miner Rank 3 Lucky Finder 3 Lucky Crafter 3 Mother Nature Hates Me 3 Exterminator 3 Very Knowledgeable 

Local time: 01 Dec 2020, 06:20
Highscores: 9

Return to General Discussion